Monday, June 3, 2013

Time Goes On...

Yesterday was my cousins High School Graduation. Walking into the room where the ceremony would be held I saw many familiar faces and said hello to a few High School teachers of mine. When it came time for the show to get on the road I realized how much my life has changed in such a short year and how much theirs is about to change in a matter of hours. They would no longer be referenced to as the senior class, but as the class of 2013, no longer called Panthers, but called alumni. After the graduation came the party. At first it was really nice, talking with some older relatives of mine and talking with my 6th grade teacher that I absolutely adore. Then it happened.

For most of my life my cousin has been more popular with the people I graduated with, and when you only have 18 students in a class it is hard to make friends, but with my cousin it turned in to having a hard time keeping the friends that I had. Most of the time when I getting close becoming friends with someone she always came in just at the right time and got closer to them, before I could. So back to graduation.

I found out from a girl that I went to school with that my cousin invited most of her class and my entire class to her house at 8. Well the party I was invited to was just for family and ended at 8. That means that I, HER COUSIN, was not invited to her graduation party with her friends. It was hard to see my "friends" walk into her backyard and say hi to her and walk right pass me and not say a word.

It was hurtful and made me realize that I had nothing in common with these people anymore. Small talk was all we could talk about and it was awkward and uncomfortable. It makes me want to leave this place and move to Nashville so much more.

xx,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment