Saturday, May 25, 2013

Who I Am... Right Now.

Who I am... That's a good question. Well for starters I am 18 years old, and I live in the semi-boring town of Spokane. Don't get me wrong I love it here and I have been here for my entire life, but that is long enough for me. It has been a nice place to grow up and figure out who I was in the awkward years of Junior High and High School, now as the first year of college comes to an end I find myself asking "Who am I really?" 

You see I went to a very private Christian school grades K-12, it was a place where I could try new things that I may not have been able to do if I was at a public school. I was involved in Varsity Volleyball, Tennis, and Cheerleading for most of my High School career. I found myself defining myself as a Middle Hitter on the Volleyball court, Captain of the Cheerleading Squad, and number one girls double in the Tennis cage(that's what I affectionately call it), but I could never seem to find the definition of who I am. I knew that I loved playing my sports and I loved music, but I never knew if what I loved would bring me to the dreams I have had. 

Last June I graduated from High School and I felt like my world was ending. All the friends that I have grown up with were moving away, my sports were ending, and most of all a huge part of my definition( at the time) was over and I would never go back to it. That part was, Dance.  Since I was 6 weeks old I have been at a dance studio (thanks to my sister that was taking classes) and then at the age of three I started dancing. From three to eighteen I was at a dance studio and on a stage multiple times a year, so when my finale recital came and went I felt like it was a huge part of me that was never coming back. 

Now, I am almost done with my first year of college at Eastern Washington University. It has been a great year and I have made amazing friends that I will take with me where ever I go, but it is not where I belong. I don't belong in a place surrounded by wheat fields! With that in my head I found a school with a dream major and in a dream city. Belmont University in Nashville Tennessee. I applied to it and got word back saying that they are very interested, but I just have to complete my time at Eastern and then send my official transcripts to Belmont then I will find out if the hard work I have put in this year will be worth it. 

But for right now I am just trying to find who i am in a sea of people. 

XX, 

Audrey

I want to use this blog as a diary that will help me look back to see where I have gone and remember what I have gone through. Somedays I might post more than others but I am going to try to post what ever is on my mind each week. 
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment