Monday, May 27, 2013

Pain...

Over the years I have been put through a lot of pain. Physical and Mental. For the past 4 days I have been dealing with a horrible knee injury that my chiropractor thinks in a torn MCL. It is no fun and I hate having to sit in bed all day waiting for a doctors app. that can not be scheduled till tomorrow.

While sitting hear I have been thinking about all the pain that is worse than a stupid knee injury. I thought back to the horrible Junior High days when I had friends turn their backs on me and pretend that I didn't exist. I thought about when in High School I felt like all my friends decided to be in relationships and leave me to alone and would only talk to me when it was convenient for them. Then I realized that a stupid knee injury wasn't going to impact my life and end it just because I was sitting in bed, but it showed me that I have true friends that would check up on me and make sure that I was ok and still resting and not walking around. I found out who my true friends were and I cant thank them enough. I know that this sounds soppy, but it is true. Sometimes in life you have moments where you step back and look at things and realize "my life is not as bad as I make it out to be."

I am so happy with the friends that I have made here at college over the past year and I have no clue how I am going to leave them in a matter of 16 days. I know that I cant take them with me when I turn the page and write the next chapter but I know that they will encourage me and wish me all the best as I move on with life.

I guess the point of this post is for me to just say that I love my friends and I couldn't imagine going through a possible surgery without them and I don't feel alone as much I think I am at times. I am still trying to figure out who I am, but I know I have people with me helping me along this crazy road! :)

XX,

Audrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment