Monday, June 10, 2013

Dreams....

Ok... I am going to share with you something that has been locked away in my heart since I was in the 6th grade. 

It all started with one night when me and my family went to see the newly crowned American Idol winner Carrie Underwood at the Spokane Arena for her Some Hearts tour. That night I saw and witnessed one of the great voices of music today. She was magnificent and so inspiring that I fell head over heals for music. After her concert I listened to music more than doing homework, which in the end bit me in the butt. 

Six years later I was able to go see Miss Underwood a second time, this time it was for her Blown Away Tour, which was amazing!!!!!!!! During the show she stopped and took a moment to thank everyone for all her of achievements. During that time she said that if you have a dream go for it and do it. 

Well my dream since probably the age of 6 is to stand on a stage in front of whoever will listen to me and sing songs that I wrote. I know that millions of other people in this world have the same dream as I do and that is why it has taking me this long to realize that nothing will hurt if I try to pursue this crazy dream of mine. 

Now after almost completing my freshmen year of college I have decided to follow my dream and pursue music. 

It all hit me that if by some miracle things turn out for the better I could play the Spokane Arena. Last night my family and some friends went to a Spokane Shock arena football game. I was looking around at all the seats and all the people screaming and cheering and all I could think about was the fact that one day maybe I could have all those seats filled and all the people cheering me on. 

For years I have been singing in the shower and my parents and friends tell me that I can sing, but there has always been the biggest fear of mine weighing on my shoulders....... the thought of being told no. I guess I just have to suck it up and go for it, because if I don't I might turn into one of those old ladies that looks back on her life with regrets. 



xx, 

Audrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment